Last week, I wrote an article, The Top Plus Size Fashion Pioneers to Know. As I was prepping for a part 2, I came across this article by J. Anthony, who had previously assembled a list of 40 BBWâ€™s of all time. This list is interesting, as it provides some obvious and not so obvious choices for his list.
While my list started with the pioneers, Each week, I plan to feature the top Plus Size Fashionistas in every segment of Entertainment who are representing the Curvy Fashionistas worldwide! Some you may know, and some you may not, but nonetheless, we must celebrate our Curvy Fashionistas who are doing their thing to bring awareness and acceptance to us, of the Plus Persuasion!
Continuing on with J. Anthony, he is the founder and webmaster of BBWSinglesFinder.com, online since 2003 and one of the internet’s oldest and most respected BBW Dating Sites. He is also a contributing writer to Alternative-Dating-Sites.com.
Please enjoy this list, as I work to bring you the top Plus Size Ambassadors- pt 2 coming soon!
Here are his Top 40 BBWâ€™s of All-Time:
1. Marilyn Monroe - Considered one of the sexiest women of all-time, and by today’s standards, she would be considered a BBW.
2. Oprah Winfrey - Although Oprah’s weight has gone up and down, she is beautiful no matter how much she weighs.
3. Queen Latifah - An accomplished musician, actress and BBW.
4. Delta Burke - Her character on Designing Women was a BBW and yet, she who was the sex symbol of the show.
5. Wynonna – One of the most successful female country music singers of all-time and a sexy BBW as well.
6. Emme - The most famous “Plus-Size” model of all-time. Living proof that you don’t have to be thin to be attractive, sexy and successful.
7. Aretha Franklin - The queen of R&B and a beautiful BBW.
8. Melissa Peterman - Barbara Jean from the sitcom, Reba.
9. Ann Wilson - Lead singer from the rock band, Heart. She was miserable until she decided to live her life as a BBW.
10. Jamie Lee Curtis - Why is she on this list? Because of her stand a few years back when she refused to let her pictures be air brushed and manipulated anymore on magazine covers. She is not really a BBW, but her principles are in line with what a BBW stands for… Be yourself and love your body no matter your shape.
11. Serena Williams - She’s athletic, successful, beautiful and a BBW. She’s not fat, but she is a Big Beautiful Woman.
12. Trisha Yearwood - One of the top country music singers of all-time and married to Garth Brooks.
13. Elizabeth Taylor - She is right up there with Marilyn Monroe as one of the sexiest women of all-time.
14. Nell Carter - The lovable house mother on Facts of Life and a beautiful BBW as well.
15. Missy Elliott â€“ Popular Rap and R&B singer and beautiful African American BBW.
16. Camryn Manheim â€“ Actress best known for role on the Practice.
17. Rosie O’Donnell â€“ Probably the most famous plus-size comedian of all-time.
18. Kathy Bates â€“ One of the best actresses in the business.
19. Mia Tyler â€“ Sister of actress Liv Tyler and famous plus-sized model.
20. Sophia Loren â€“ Just like Marilyn Monroe, one of the most beautiful women of all-time.
21. Carnie Wilson â€“ Singer from the band, Wilson Phillips.
22. Kate Winslet â€“ Star from the movie Titantic and voluptuous superstar.
23. Roseanne Barr â€“ Comedian, actress and formerly married to Tom Arnold.
24. Sally Struthers â€“ Former star from All in the Family.
25. Mo’Nique â€“ Star of the movie Phat Girlz and her own hit sitcom, The Parkers.
26. Mama Cass â€“ Famous singer from the Mamas and the Papas.
27. Toccara Jones - She won Tyra Banks’ Top Model contest on VH1.
28. Countess Vaughn - Star of The Parkers TV show with another BBW, Mo’Nique
29. Della Reese â€“ African American actress, singer, model and activist.
30. Mona Lisa - Subject of the most famous painting of all-time.
31. Kim Coles - Actress from In Living Color fame.
32. Yvette Wilson - Beautiful BBW Actress from Moesha.
33. Margaret Cho â€“ Famous comedian, actress and activist.
34. America Ferrara â€“ Star of the film, Real Women Have Curves and the new ABC series, Ugly Betty.
35. Lindsey Hollister â€“ Actress most well-known for role on Boston Public.
36. Mayim Bialik â€“ Former star of the NBC sitcom, Blossom, who blossomed into a BBW.
37. Pearl Bailey â€“ Famous African American Singer, Performer and Actress.
38. Mae West â€“ Burlesque star in the early 1900â€™s.
39. Barbara Brickner â€“ A beautiful plus-sized model who works with Eddie Bauer, Lands End and Nordstrom to name a few.
40. Kimberley Locke â€“ Pop singer introduced by American Idol and a plus size fashion model.
Article Courtesy of J. Anthony
Ladies, do you agree? Some very interesting picks, please share your thoughts about who should and should not have been on this list! Sound off!
I know that there are many women who I would not have and would have put on this list, I want to hear your thoughts first!
Keep it Curvy!